[Catalyst] Agave and DBIC upgrade issues

Jason Hall jayce at lug-nut.com
Tue Mar 21 21:56:35 CET 2006

I've been using the Agave blog on my system for a while now with good
success.  Today though, I needed to restart apache for a different site,
and I guess it picked up some new perl modules with the restart, because
now I can't get it to run at all.  Everything seems to be DBIC related,
and I wanted to know if anybody has had to do any patching to make it
work recently.  When I try to run the server script now, I get:

Too late to run INIT block at /usr/share/perl5/Class/C3.pm line 52.
Couldn't load "Agave::M::DBIC", "Can't locate object method
"result_source_instance" via package "Agave::M::DBIC::Comment" at
/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 68.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/perl5/Module/Pluggable/Fast.pm line 82.
" at /usr/share/perl5/Module/Pluggable/Fast.pm line 84.
Compilation failed in require at script/agave_server.pl line 50.

which relates to:

      66 sub register_class {
      67   my ($self, $moniker, $to_register) = @_;
      68   $self->register_source($moniker =>
$to_register->result_source_instance);

Now, I'm not sure what packages have all changed underneath since this
was last restarted, all I can do is guess at the change of the
DBIx::Class::Schema stuff.

Does anybody have any hints/patches/ways/obvious points to get my stuff
back up :)

--
Jayce^