[Catalyst] Pulling My Hair Out with DBIx::Schema For Authentication and Authorization

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 11:38:19 CET 2006

On 3/21/06, hkclark at gmail.com <hkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brandon,
>
> Many thanks for the note.  I added these two lines to
> lib/MyApp/Db/Schema/UserRole.pm:
>   __PACKAGE__->belongs_to(user => 'MyApp::Db::Schema::User');
>   __PACKAGE__->belongs_to(role => 'MyApp::Db::Schema::Role');

<snip>

In the hope that it might make it easier for others to study & learn
from my problem, I have attached a small 6.8K tarball of the MyApp
Catalyst project directory I have been using (I deleted the
/root/static/images just to save ~38K of space).  Hopefully
attachments aren't a problem on this list (I know I have seen patch
files, but not sure I have seen actual project tarballs before) -- my
apologies in advance if this is a faux pas.

Given that it sounds like the schema DBIC approach is the future
mainstream of Catalyst, I'm thinking this is going to be a very
typical setup.  My hope is to get this working, and then I can add it
to the wiki with some comments and a description of what it's doing to
help others get over this hurdle.

Thanks,