[Catalyst] Session handling under heavy usage

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Mar 22 19:30:03 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 19:24:22 +0100, Michele Beltrame wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > This problem only afflicts multiple simultaneous requests *using the
> > same session*, which is something you shouldn't be doing, anyway
> > (well, usually). This doesn't seem to be your problem (or I
> > misunderstood it).
>
> Well, with a strong usage of Ajax that might even be the case...

That's exactly where this issue happenned.

The lazy reading/writing of session data was due to this
manifesting.

The probability that two simultanous requests will both want to
*write* to the session data is low, so that's why this locking crap
hasn't been done yet (it's slow and hard).

I think i demand a few beers for this ;-)

 /\  kung foo master: /me dodges cabbages like macalypse log N: neeyah!