[Catalyst] Newbie help starting with C::M::Xapian

Benoit Caron holstein at notezbien.net
Wed Mar 22 21:59:59 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm starting a project using Xapian as the search engine.

Having followed from a distance the development of Catalyst for a while,
I would like to try to use it for this project; I like the idea of
having different View on my search almost for free, among other things.

I have trouble figuring how to actually use Catalyst::Model::Xapian. All
the experience I have with Catalyst is to have done the Dojo-wiki
tutorial a while back, and this week the Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial.

What I can't figure out is where does C:M:Xapian fit it the whole deal?
All the info about this the module offer is the synopsys:

- - -8<- - -
    my ($it,$res)= $c->comp('MyApp::M::Xapian')->search(
      $c->req->param('q'),
      $c->req->param('page') ||0 ,
      $c->req->param('itemsperpage')||0
    );
    $c->stash->{searchresults}=$res;
    $c->stash->{iterator}=$it;
- - -8<- - -

Where does this belong? In the controller for a specific action, I would
guess? Then, how the result are going to be outputed?

I guess that I probably just have'nt yet get my head around the whole
thing. Is there something I should read or re-read?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Benoit Caron
holstein at notezbien.net
----
What we need is either less corruption, or more chance to
participate in it.