[Catalyst] are there any live catalyst demos? I couldn't find any.

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 20:22:18 CET 2006

Are there any live demos of working catalyst open source projects?

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/WikiStart lists:

    * MiniMojo http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/06/02/catalyst.html?page=2
    * Hops http://simonf.com/catalyst/ (you can download code, but the
demo doesn't work)
    * ServerDB http://www.hybridized.org/catalyst/
    * EasyCMS http://dev.palle.net/svn/users/omega/easycms/trunk/
    * Devel-ebug http://search.cpan.org/dist/Devel-ebug/
    * PodCMS http://perldition.org/content/Code/Perl#perl_applications
    * Handel http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/11/17/handel.html
    * Parley http://developer.berlios.de/projects/parley/
    * Chatlyst http://xrl.us/chatlyst/

Somewhat to my dismay though, none of these projects appeared to have
functioning live demos. Hops claims that it does, but the page doesn't
work. I googled on handel, and it appears to have had a demo at some
point in the past, but it's down now.

I think demos are important for evangelism, and live demos are a
pretty easy way to give instant gratification to people. So, somebody
should remedy this situation. Maybe me :)

Parley and Handel would be my top choice fwiw.

Thomas.