[Catalyst] CatInABox corrupted?

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Mar 24 14:40:03 CET 2006

Thomas Hartman wrote:
> I just did
>
> wget http://handelframework.com/downloads/CatInABox.tar.gz
> tar tzvf CatInABox.tar.gz
>
> and got
>
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> tar: Child returned status 1
>
> Is this file maybe corrupted? If so, can it be reposted, or is there
> another copy of CatInABox floating around somewhere? I know Clako was
> doing some work on his server yesterday...
>
> (Or am I using tar incorrectly...?)

No. It's me. I'm an idiot.

I converted the site to Catalyst under mod_perl, then moved it to
mod_fastcgi in a fit of rage against Image::Magick. I used the static
fcgi method, so I have / aliased to catalyst. I totally  forgot to put
an alias back in for  /downloads/.  So right now, /downloads/ actually
serves the default content from Catalyst. You're not really getting a
tar at all. You're getting html. :-(

Sorry about that. I'll fix that when you get home this evening.

-=Chris