[Catalyst] are there any live catalyst demos? I couldn't find any.

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Mar 24 18:44:18 CET 2006

Benoit Caron wrote:
> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> Thomas Hartman wrote:
>>
>>> Cool that handel is back up.
>>>
>>> I see a lot of questions on the mailing list about ways to do
>>> validation (login/password), the various plugins, etc. Do any of the
>>> apps I mentioned earlier have examples of this? And do any of the
>>> examples have live demos?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Thomas.
>>
>> Re: the list of examples...
>>
>> There's also this:
>>
>> 	http://photos.icantfocus.com/
>>
>> It my weekend-boredom attempt a while back at a personal photo gallery
>> app. It's been neglected for a while (trying to write docs), but it is a
>> cat app...
>>

> Looks nice : is the source available?

Yes. Unfortunately, it appears that I forgot to add a dns entry for the
moved svn.handelframework.com for the external view in Bind....thus
confirming I am an Idiot.

Like so many other things after the site move, I'll try and get that
fixed tonight. :-)

> I'm curious about how you manage the actual images files: are they in a
> database or on the filesystem?

This is a win/lose/no wrong/right answer question. Both. :-)

In my case, I choe early on that the core bits should be able to run
independently from the catalyst bits. As such, the gallery and photo
informaiton is stored in a whay that any old non-web browser app can get
the gallery/image paths and name, and get the file. The photos are
stored on disk, and each photo record stores the name of the original
file. Each photo record has a parent gallery record. Each gallery record
holds the path to the directory of photos... all absolute fs paths, not
relative paths.

-=Chris