[Catalyst] OT: mod_fastcgi vs. mod_perl (was uri_for() question)

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Tue Mar 28 00:30:10 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 16:55 -0500, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> I'll bite. Mod_perl, while it has its place, is way too complicated for
> most setups. There are a number of things that can bite you in the ass
> for no good reason...memory footprint, mem shareing, global/local
> variables, etc.

Hmmm, doesn't FastCGI (or any persistent Perl environment) have the
exact same issues?  The only obvious difference in memory footprint
would be if you were trying to handle static files from your mod_perl
server, which is not a recommended configuration.  (A separate image
server or a reverse proxy server is preferred for that.)

- Perrin