[Catalyst] are there any live catalyst demos? I couldn't find any.

apv jinx at sedition.com
Tue Mar 28 01:45:32 CEST 2006

On Monday, Mar 27, 2006, at 15:15 US/Pacific, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> 23.03.2006 20:55 apv:
>> Here's the project page:
>>   http://ego.perlperl.com/ (another demo site is linked there)
>>
>> Here's the real "demo" --
>>   http://ashleypond.com/v/post
>
> ego looks very interesting, but are there any plans to support xmlrpc
> soon?
Pretty much everything is on the list. I have been manually
doing update pings (that's what you're asking about, right?) with
Ping-O-Matic for a long time but ego has scheduled publishing
so I'd really like it to be able to do it itself soon.

I want to have a table or something to keep track of this kind
of task so it gets done once and not more (also for error notices
and such that we were talking about on another thread--one 500 email
to the owner/dev per error generating action) and haven't decided
how to best do it (I've never done this specific task so I haven't
had time to get up to speed on who is doing what vs how I should).
Probably it's like RSS was, one controller and one tiny template
that took 20 minutes but I haven't got to it.
   (excuse the mess)
   http://dev.perlperl.com/ego/lib/Ego/Controller/Sitemap.pm
   http://dev.perlperl.com/ego/root/default/page/google_sitemap_urlset

I did add a Google Sitemap generator which I have been meaning
to post code for on the wiki. It's a little too specific (maybe?)
for a full blown plugin but I thought others might like to see
how easy it is.

Of course anyone who wants to work on Ego is welcome! I still have
to phase out the xhtml validation I'm using for something better
(I'm playing with TreeBuilder for some auto paragraphs + validation
and tag/attr checks). When that's done it will be more friendly
to hack on, I think.

> After some nightmarish experiences with Movable Type i'm nearly in
> the mood to install Wordpress. :)
I like WordPress pretty well. I snagged their QuickTags library
(I think it's LGPL by Alex King) for the editor windows and think
I want to move to http://www.wikiwyg.net/ eventually... maybe.

Anyway, tons on the wishlist.

By the by, I really liked the Root and such changes in the most
recent Catalyst release.

-Ashley