[Catalyst] C:P:A:Store::LDAP start_tls problems

Scott Karns scottkinsf at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 01:46:36 CEST 2006

--- Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior <acid06 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm glad you nailed your problem.
> I think you should mail this patch to the module's
> author. According
> to the docs, the current maitainer is:
>
> Peter Behroozi, <behrooz at fas.harvard.edu> (Note
> the lack of an "i"
> at the end of "behrooz").
>
> I, myself, never thought a fileno of 0 would be
> valid in
> IO::Socket::SSL since it's the fileno of STDIN. So I
> guess it's a
> forgivable bug. ;-)

Nilson,

First thing I did,
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=18439.

I agree, I was surprised to find that my simple fix
actually worked. I suspect most testing has been
performed in an environment where file numbers 0-2 are
the expected STDIN, STOUT, and STDERR. Running in a
mod_perl/apache environment is a tad different, I
guess. ;)

Cheers,
Scott