[Catalyst] Catalyst update issues

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 19:14:10 CEST 2006

On 3/30/06, Thomas Hartman <tphyahoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, how do you define the "full" install, versus whatever you wind
> up getting?

"Full" means everything in Task::Catalyst except maybe the optional engines.

If you've got perl < 5.8.6 Catalyst::Plugin::I18N fails.
Catalyst::Plugin::Log4perl is like a russian-roulette. I've never been
able to install Catalyst::Plugin::XMLRPC in any machine. Catalyst
itself can't be installed on perl 5.8.0 (I've been bitten by this
once).

I know that the one to blame is usually the underlying module behind
the plugin. But getting errors all around your terminal sure is
discouraging for a newcomer.

One thing I find amusing is that, despite being one of the most
complex parts of an instalation, I've never had a single problem with
Template Toolkit anywhere. Related or unrelated to Catalyst. I guess
these are the benefits of a time-tested solution.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.