[Catalyst] Catalyst update issues

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 02:43:19 CEST 2006

On 3/30/06, Sebastian Riedel <sri at oook.de> wrote:
> You did notice the fact that you are the only one experiencing those
> "issues"?

Yes. *These specific issues*, yes.

Because in every machine a different problem pops up. In my main
development machine, however, no serious issue usually occurs (besides
a reported Catalyst bug when running under CGI under Apache under
Windows, but the builtin server works fine). This is frustrating and
leads me to think that Catalyst can't be viewed as a develop once
deploy everywhere solution.

But I intend to prolong this discussion no further.

As I've said a bazillion times, I really like Catalyst and think that
as a development tool it's the best of its kind. It has a kind of
sparse but really useful documentation (while e.g. Rails has more
documentation,  it's not an useful documentation, it looks like those
usual javadoc crappy stuff which usually only state the obvious). But
it can be a pain to deploy, people have non-consistent problems and
there are hundreds of variables which determine if you're successful.

I tend to whine too much about the things I appreciate because I
usually want them to get even better. I'm sorry if this is a little
annoying but bare with me.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.