[Catalyst] experiences using Catalyst::Controller::BindLex?

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon May 1 15:26:20 CEST 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 07:21:27 -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> I'm not sure that my knowledge of catalyst is up to
> the task of trying to find a different way to enable
> this functionality.  I only today sent out my first
> catalyst test case for the community to review :)

Well, for what it's worth if/when you want to undertake this i'll be
happy to help =)

> Since you say that you got it working on a modern Perl
> I might give it another go.

I suggest you talk to Richard Clamp - maybe he can take a look at
your build failures and figure out what's going on.

> I'd really like to make this work, since I think it's something
> that is easier for me to train my staff on than to be typing
> $c->stash... all over the place, particularly in the edge cases
> where I find I need to make the assignment into a reference in
> order to get template toolkit to work.  It's just a little too
> much for me to expect from newbie programmers.

Futzing around with reference syntax is annoying for old timers too
;-)

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418