[Catalyst] Installers for Catalyst apps

Peter Edwards peterdragon at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 4 08:45:13 CEST 2006

There's been some discussion before about installing Catalyst apps and most
of the effort seems to be in sorting out the operating system and perl
dependencies. The way I've gone so far is a kickstart setup file for
Redhat/CentOS then a script to install and configure dependencies.

Has anyone had any experience using products like BitRock
http://www.bitrock.com/ and SpikeSource http://spikesource.com/ to provide
bundled environments and if so what did you make of them?

After the discussion about Catalyst-ready vmWare images I saw this page
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/spikesource.html and following the
link http://developer.spikesource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1347%231347 to
the forum there's this comment
"Thanks for your interest in the vmware spikesource stack. We exceeded our
bandwidth quota and so have now finished the trial. We now know the
difference between a petabyte and a terabyte

There are bittorrent seeds that may still be active"

Regards, Peter