[Catalyst] RFC: HTML::Widget / Ajax / Catalyst

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sat May 6 09:01:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/5/06, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> It'll need support in the DBIx-Class backend, which has been started here:
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/branches/DBIx-Class/columns_info_for

Look at DBIx::Class::ResultSource in the current CPAN version:

column_info

       my $info = $obj->column_info($col);

       Returns the column metadata hashref for a column. See the description
       of add_column for information on the contents of the hashref.

It should work for most databases, I've tested it against MySQL,
PostgreSQL and SQLite.
It's not ideal - for example it only works when you have the same case
in the column names at the database and in DBIC metadata, but without
agreeing on case insensitivity this is all I was able to do.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/