[Catalyst] Shared database handles

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Mon May 8 01:31:44 CEST 2006

--- Eduardo Anuel <eanuel at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is an explanation to the issue there and a
> solution for Class
> DBI, but sadly in my application I use mostly pure
> DBI with the
> Catalyst::Model::DBI module,

Make sure that you're using Apache::DBI in your
setup.pl.  Make sure that you don't make your DB
connection in setup.pl, but do connect early in your
handler. Make liberal use of connect_cached() and
prepare_cached().

Each child apache process needs to make its own
conenction. Apache::DBI will make sure that the
connection stays open, even if you call
close/disconnect.

Len.

Leonard A. Jaffe     lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Leonard Jaffe Computer Systems Consulting Ltd.
Columbus, OH, USA 614-404-4214 F: 530-380-7423