[Catalyst] FW: Clustering catalyst apps

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed May 10 19:11:30 CEST 2006

Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> On 10 May 2006, at 16:28, Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>> Len Jaffe wrote:
>>> Don't you know?  You aren't really supposed to patch
>>> open source code. Only free software.  If you patch
>>> open source code, the maintainers roll their eyes at
>>> you and sigh or mutter.
>> I thought that was the unquiet dead that did that.
>>
>> Anyway, it's GPL, so it's free software too. *disappears in a puff
>> of logic*
>
> Given that it's *years* since I did a diff in anger, a quick recipe
> on how to submit patches would be welcome...

If they have an svn repo I usually check it out, edit in place and send
an svk diff

If not, unpacking the tar, cp -pR ing it to -orig, and doing a diff -ur
across the two dirs when done seems to be ok. However, a lot of authors
are *incredibly* picky about what diff options you use, so I find you
usually have to re-send at least once with some option you've never
heard of added to the list :)