[Catalyst] writing a test suite for my app

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri May 12 15:08:43 CEST 2006

Daniel McBrearty wrote:
> thanks, I think I have it together now. Module::Sleep helped a bit.
>
> Test::WWW::Mech .... looks like a brilliant module. Haven't figured out
> what to use mockobject for yet though.

MockObject is primarily for creating objects that pretend to be other
objects for the purposes of testing something that uses them in
isolation - for example, if you wanted to test a Catalyst Controller
object you could create a mock $c that would record what methods were
called on it and return the exact data you wanted, in order to test the
controller's behaviour without having to have the entire app loaded and
running.