[Catalyst] writing a test suite for my app

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Mon May 15 01:31:47 CEST 2006

> I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "belongs to the docroot";

I was recalling this and making an erroneous connection ("docroot" not the
best choice of word):
"The URL (for example http://localhost.3000/foo/bar) consists of two parts,
the base (http://localhost:3000/ in this example) and the path (foo/bar).
Please note that the trailing slash after the hostname[:port] always belongs
to base and not to the action."

I think
> I might have expected both to work and would suspect it's down to how
> the URI's constructed internally before being passed to the app itself.

yes. Hence the question about CATALYST_SERVER , which seems to be at the
bottom of it all, I think.

request('/...') is certainly the better way to do it though.

that's the main thing to know, I guess. If there's nothing which is likely
to bite me in the arse down the line, it's not a big worry. Nice to work it
out some time though. Thanks.

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com