[Catalyst] Catalyst for (really) big applications

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Thu May 18 20:04:05 CEST 2006

On 5/18/06, ian docherty <ian at ecisecurity.com> wrote:
> The reason I ask this is because all of the application is loaded into
> memory when it starts (is this strictly correct?) so there is going to
> be a limit in the size of the application limited by, presumably, the
> amount of memory in the system.

I suspect that the general rule would be that the amount of memory
available on reasonably-priced modern hardware so vastly exceeds the
neccesary RAM for storing the code of a Catalyst application that this
shouldn't be an issue.

If you were in some very wierd case where this mattered (I donno, say
you had 1 million Controller classes or something), I'm sure you could
split them up into logical chunks, put them on seperate servers, and
have a front-end divvy out the requests to appropriate segregated
back-ends.

-- Brandon