[Catalyst] Catalyst for (really) big applications

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Fri May 19 14:37:51 CEST 2006

Perrin Harkins ha scritto:
> Marcello Romani wrote:
>> The two apache processes take up almost 200mb of ram just before the
>> first request. This value grows up to more than 250MB after list()ing
>> some tables (with paging).
>
> That sounds really high to me.  I'm used to processes about 1/10th that
> size in most of my mod_perl apps.

You didn't quote the fact that my app had about 40/50 modules (not
counting external modules like Class::DBI, etc.).

Also, while I haven't done explicit tests about it, apache configuration
might have an impact on process size.
A hint that this could apply to my case is the fact that running the
same app with the catalyst test server took much less memory (30/40 MB
if I recall correctly).

Anyway, as I said I don't have the code anymore and unfortunately I
don't recall the numbers involved exactly enough to prove something.

Unless I do some (fresh) tests, I can't provide any more (euro)cents to
this thread. I hope I'll have time to.

> - Perrin

Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT