[Catalyst] HTML::Widget and locale problems

fonseka at gmail.com fonseka at gmail.com
Sat May 20 19:48:43 CEST 2006

Hi there!

I'm fetching data from a DBIC Pg UTF-8 DB, and constructing
HTML::Widget objects directly with the data I got from the DB.

I used dumps in the middle of the code, and the data cames correctly
with all my locale characters (I'm portuguese).

But then, when I print the form using result.as_xml, the locale data
becames escaped :(

So instead of "Número" in the XHTML source i got "Número".

I tried playing with C::P::Unicode and with content-encoding, but
nothing helps...

Can you help me?? Is there a way to HTML::Widget don't escape my
locale characters??

--
Will work for bandwidth