[Catalyst] RCF for a Catalyst Wiki Controller

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 15:55:52 CEST 2006

There are quite a few models out there to help me
design a storage 'plugin' system where you can easily
swap backend drivers.  Since I'm being paid for this
the first one has to be in Postgres, although I forsee
very little effort in make a SQLite version of it,
based all the examples I've found on CPAN already.

I'm not finding any Kwid text parsers that seem ready
for prime time, but again I will try to separate out
the parser into a plugin so that later on we can drop
in other parsers.

One thing that I am seriously considering is 'dual
parsering' the wiki content through a wiki layout
parser and through Template Toolkit.  This opens a
world of possibilities (and potential security issues)
for the wiki consumers.  Does anyone have any thoughts
on that?

Another thing that will go into this design is some
hooks to the authentication model, since one of my
design requirements is to track who made what change
and when.  I'll make this an optional feature for
people not using authentication/authorization control,
but I will probably have to design this to use the
access control modules based on DBIx for my first
version of this, since that is the model I've chosen
for the website I am creating.  Any thoughts on the
most compatible way to achieve that is also
appreciated.

--john