[Catalyst] Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst and POST

Aran Deltac aran at arandeltac.com
Mon May 22 18:03:42 CEST 2006

We have this issue in DBIx::Class as well - there are many levels of
inheritance and looking at a single module's methods can be confusing.
 To eleviate this I wrote a script (maint/inheritance_pod.pl) which
traverses the Class::C3 inheritance structure and produces some nicely
formatted POD, like this:

INHERITED METHODS
  DBIx::Class
    *   mk_classdata
    *   component_base_class
  DBIx::Class::Componentised
    *   inject_base
    *   load_components
    *   load_own_components
  Class::Data::Accessor
    *   mk_classaccessor

If someone wants more detail they just click on the method and they'll
be taken to the documentation for it.  Something like this could
potentially be developed that would be compatible with Catalyst (which
does not use Class::C3).  Also, it would be fairly trivial to
automatically updated the "INHERITED METHODS" section of all the
modules in a release, so that the list does not fall out of date.

Aran