[Catalyst] [Announce] DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.03000 uploaded

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Tue May 23 15:22:56 CEST 2006

Summary of significant user-visible changes since 0.02007:

    - Lots of bugfixes and docs changes
    - Theoretically storage_type-agnostic
    - Ignores the contents of connect_info ( no dsn parsing,
      so you can use a coderef or anything else DBIC supports )
    - Changed default inflections to Lingua::EN::Inflect::Number
    - Inflection code knows how to singularize now as well
    - New and more flexible ways to override inflections
    - Support for loading UNIQUE constraints
    - Supports multiple rels between the same pair of tables
    - Improved debug output
    - Supports dumping the in-memory autoloaded schema to a
      directory on disk, to use as a baseline manual schema.
    - Supports constructing autoloaded schemas in memory targetting
      specific namespaces on the fly easily (at runtime without
      building an external module or pretending you did in an eval).
    - connect/connection can now be deferred until runtime, and
      done on any derived object, just like with normal schemas.
    - In theory, it has a chance of working for DBD backends
      that we have no explicit support for, so long as they
      implement most of the modern DBI features and act reasonably
      like an RDBMS.
    - Lots kinds of things that people were just using to shoot
      themselves in the foot with have been deprecated.
    - Some deprecated things emit warnings when you use them.

It is temporarily available at:

http://www.dtmf.com/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.03000.tar.gz

and should arrive on a CPAN mirror near you in the near future.

Direct the expected bug reports and stories of how I broke the
universe to me directly or to the DBIx::Class mailing list
dbix-class at lists.rawmode.org :)

-- Brandon