[Catalyst] [Announce] DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.03000 uploaded
blblack at gmail.com
Tue May 23 15:22:56 CEST 2006
Summary of significant user-visible changes since 0.02007:
- Lots of bugfixes and docs changes
- Theoretically storage_type-agnostic
- Ignores the contents of connect_info ( no dsn parsing,
so you can use a coderef or anything else DBIC supports )
- Changed default inflections to Lingua::EN::Inflect::Number
- Inflection code knows how to singularize now as well
- New and more flexible ways to override inflections
- Support for loading UNIQUE constraints
- Supports multiple rels between the same pair of tables
- Improved debug output
- Supports dumping the in-memory autoloaded schema to a
directory on disk, to use as a baseline manual schema.
- Supports constructing autoloaded schemas in memory targetting
specific namespaces on the fly easily (at runtime without
building an external module or pretending you did in an eval).
- connect/connection can now be deferred until runtime, and
done on any derived object, just like with normal schemas.
- In theory, it has a chance of working for DBD backends
that we have no explicit support for, so long as they
implement most of the modern DBI features and act reasonably
like an RDBMS.
- Lots kinds of things that people were just using to shoot
themselves in the foot with have been deprecated.
- Some deprecated things emit warnings when you use them.
It is temporarily available at:
and should arrive on a CPAN mirror near you in the near future.
Direct the expected bug reports and stories of how I broke the
universe to me directly or to the DBIx::Class mailing list
dbix-class at lists.rawmode.org :)
More information about the Catalyst