[Catalyst] update_or_create problem with Catalyst::Engine::Apache::MP13 and DBIC

Anthony Lincoln ahlincoln at lbl.gov
Fri May 26 16:40:59 CEST 2006

Followup: the problem stems from one of those classic Oracle-with-DBI
not-quite-case-insensitive moments.

Such that this fails:

              my $outage = $model->update_or_create({
                  id => $id,
                  problem_ticket => $outage{problem_ticket},
                  creator => $creator,
              },{ key => 'primary' } );

but *this* works:

              my $outage = $model->update_or_create({
                  ID => $id,  #note the case difference
                  problem_ticket => $outage{problem_ticket},
                  creator => $creator,
              },{ key => 'primary' } );

I've seen this before, when using plain DBI hashrefs with columns as
keys, but I just assumed that DBIC was immune because everything else
works in lowercase.  It works as billed with Catalyst's standalone
server, but with Catalyst::Engine::Apache::MP13, explicitly not loading
Apache::DBI, it doesn't.

I wrote a DBIx::Class::Loader::Oracle based on
DBIx::Class::Loader::Generic, and it doesn't explicitly lc() primary
keys, so that's probably where the trouble starts.  I suppose I could do
that to make things consistent at least.  Did I read somewhere that this
is deprecated?

Thanks again for the help, Matt.

-Tony