[Catalyst] Modularity and its engineering tradeoffs

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Tue May 30 15:24:48 CEST 2006

I appreciate the civility of the reply, but I'm afraid all the theorising in
the world will not convince me in this instance.

I used to design hardware, where there *was* sometimes a reason to use a few
transistors instead of a chip (real estate, current consumption ...) - even
so the decision bit my arse more than once.

Also embedded software on a variety of platforms, where modules sometimes
don't exist or really are too big to be used.

But perl on a desktop/server? It's really a non-argument, I'm afraid.

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
www.engoi.com : the multi - language vocab trainer