[Catalyst] Catalyst Documentation

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Tue May 30 23:47:52 CEST 2006

On 31/05/06, Paul Wallingford <paul at cybergestalt.net> wrote:

> I currently use Mason and am considering adding Catalyst to the mix.
> Mason has an O'Reilly book and a lot of documentation on the site.  What
> is available for Catalyst.  The site and other online documentation
> seems to be sparse.  Are there any books or good resources?  How about
> any sort of comprehensive list of modules, plug-ins, etc?

Mason is a templating system with a few application-development type
features included. Catalyst is a full blown application development
environment.  Mason makes a serviceable Catalyst View, although I perfer
Template Toolkit for a couple of reasons.

Docs are pretty good, if less well structured than they could be, but
nothing that grep -ri '*foo*' in the right bits of @INC won't sort out.
The user and dev community are responsive, and you can also contribute to
the docs in a variety of ways, if that's the kind of thing that assists your
learning process...

Thanks.