[Catalyst] parameters to helper script

Jason Frankovitz jason at seethroo.us
Wed May 31 10:03:52 CEST 2006

I spent the long weekend learning Catalyst and I can see how it's
going to save me scads of development time. I could use a little help
with  generating models though. I used this command to successfully
generate a model, and have the table classes autogenerated:

./script/appname_create.pl model DBIC::Schema DBIC dbi:mysql:catalyst

I'm getting mixed up between the 3rd and 4th arguments -
"DBIC::Schema" & "DBIC". I presume DBIC::Schema is the helper that
will scan the DB, and the location of the DB is the last argument.
But what does "DBIC" do? Is that the name of the model? I've been
unable to choose a unique name to distinguish it in the code from the
DBIC::Schema references. If I change the DBIC the script doesn't
work- do I have the option to name models?

If this is too simple a question please refer me to something that
explains this. I've found lots of docs (and confusingly, several
forms of syntax for the model generation) but nothing that clearly
spells out what each argument in each form of the command does.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Cheers,
-Jason