[Catalyst] Question on Catalyst::Example::InstantCRUD

Jonas Alves jonas.alves at gmail.com
Wed May 31 15:30:31 CEST 2006

Hi, i'm working on a patch to IntantCRUD that handles that
automatically.
It isn't finished yet, but already do the following:

- Updated to DBIC::Schema::Loader to automatically handle
relationships (belongs_to, has_many and many_to_many)
- Generate all the column_info metadata in the schema classes.
(useful if you would like to use DBIC deploy features)
- Adds the 'use overload '""' => sub { shift->$primary_key },
fallback=> 1;' line to the schema classes.
- Constraints goes in the column_info metadata instead of the
controller method.
- Added a 'widget_element' attribute to the column_info metadata that
defines the HTML::Widget::Element and respective attributes that
should be used to represent that column in the form.
- Forms can insert and update related columns one level deep.
- If the column name matches 'password' or 'passwd', automatically
turn the widget element in a password type and creates a form field
to confirm the password.

TODO:
- Default to HTML::Widget::Element::Dojo::Date in all the columns
where type equals Date.
- Show related columns in the table list.
- Show related columns in the items view.
- Automatically create constraints to date types
- Use Ajax and/or HTML::Widget::Javascript to validate the forms.

I can post the patch here if the community is interested.

--Jonas