[Catalyst] Catalyst::Model::DBI

Ivan Wills ivanw at benon.com
Fri Nov 3 23:10:07 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am new to Catalyst and I am more use to writing perl CGI programs that
using frame works, so this question may seem obvious to those who are
use to frame works. But if I use Catalyst::Model::DBI and the database
connection is persistant, how are requests seperated from each other?

I need to know that one request will not be using the same db connection
as another concurrent request. i.e. if I start a transaction (I'm using
postgresql) that another request cannot commit that transaction premiturly.

I suspect that it must work with multiple apache processes having their
own connection and each process only handeling one connection at a time.

Is that approximatly what is going on?

Thanks
Ivan Wills