[Catalyst] Weak references, problem with apache/2mod_perl2

Michael Frankl mfrankl at seibert-media.net
Sun Nov 5 23:44:33 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a problem running a catalyst app under apache2/mod_perl2. The app
runs fine with catalyst standalone server. But when I try to run it
under mod_perl on the same machine, i am getting the error below.

---------------
[Mon Nov 06 00:21:45 2006] [error] Weak references are not implemented
in the version of perl at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst.pm
line 22\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst.pm line 22.\nCompilation
failed in require at /home/test/Friends/lib/Friends.pm line 23.\nBEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at /home/test/Friends/lib/Friends.pm line
23.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 11) line 1.\n
---------------

In Catalyst.pm line 22 Scalar::Util is loaded with 'weakened'-Option.

It can not be my perl itself, because the standalone server is running,
or am i wrong? I already tried to recompile mod_perl without success.
Any hints are welcome.

Cheers,
Michael

--