[Catalyst] Why I get this error sometimes when run catalyst

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 16:39:03 GMT 2006

--- Mao DengFeng-e13751 <e13751 at motorola.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> When I run catalyst, Sometime  I got below error:

> Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at

/opt/perl/lib/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/Socket.pm
> line 370.
> Bad arg length for Socket::unpack_sockaddr_in,
> length is 0, should be 16
> at

/opt/perl/lib/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/Socket.pm
> line 370.

> This error takes place without regular. I can't find
> a way to reproduce
> this error.
> What's the rootcause? I try to find the answer by
> google but I was
> failed.
> Do you have advice on this?
>
> Thanks
> Mao Dengfeng

Hi,

I've seen this as well, but only when running the
development server.  Restarting the development server
seems to make it stop and I haven't had any harm from
it.  Otherwise the dev server is pretty robust; I've
had it running for weeks on lightweight applications.

I can't answer your question, but I guess what I am
saying is that's it's probably nothing to worry about.

OT, I remember reading a few months ago about some
testing with the new Axkit2 server being very fast and
might make a good choice to bump up the development
server.  I've been really loyal to Apache+mod_perl but
lately the difficultly getting that all working
properly is quite a headache.  It would be great if we
could somehow take the dev server up a notch or two to
make it more competitive with mod_perl for
applications with intermediate needs.

--john