[Catalyst] Announce. Catalyst::Plugin::I18N::DBIC 0.01

Ian Docherty ian at iandocherty.com
Mon Nov 13 18:00:11 GMT 2006

Since I got no response to my request a few weeks ago about I18N data
from a database I wrote my own :)

This module has just been released to CPAN.

It builds on Catalyst::Plugin::I18N and inherits all methods from that
module. In addition it provides a 'load_lexicon' method that loads data
from a database. (Which reminds me, the POD does not explain the
database structure ;(  I see version 0.02 coming on...)

The 'Lexicon' data in the en.pm, fr.pm, de.pm etc. files is empty. It is
loaded from the database using the 'load_lexicon' method.

You can also divide up your application into 'paths', for example
'header', 'footer', 'navigation', 'user/edit', 'user/login' etc. which
means you only need to load a subset of the translation data as required
by your templates.

Regards
Ian C. Docherty (ICD)