[Catalyst] Catalyst::View::TT

Ivan Wills ivanw at benon.com
Mon Nov 13 23:38:04 GMT 2006

Krzysztof Krzyżaniak wrote:
> Ash Berlin <ash at cpan.org> writes:
>

>> Ivan Wills wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using Catalyst::View::TT to display my pages. I'm having trouble
>>> removing excess blank lines appearing at the top of my files.
>>>
>>> I realise this is not normally a problem but I am playing with mixing
>>> SVG and XHTML (with content-type=text/xhtml) but Firefox considers the
>>> extra blank lines to be an error when in XML rendering mode if they
>>> appear before the <?xml ... ?> deceleration.
>>>
>>> Any one know how to remove those blank lines?
>>>
>> [% END -%]
>>
>> also known as RTFM ;)
>>

> or options of template toolkit
>
>        PRE_CHOMP, POST_CHOMP
>            Remove whitespace before/after directives (default: 0/0).
>
>   eloy

The PRE_CHOMP option looks like the options that I want but where do I
apply those settings?

Ivan Wills

PS I do use [%- and -%] they make no difference, it is something that
Catalyst is adding the blank lines as the same templates processed
directly by Template Toolkit do not produce the initial blank  lines.