[Catalyst] IDE/editor

Krzysztof Krzyżaniak eloy at pawnhearts.eu.org
Tue Nov 14 20:30:21 GMT 2006

"Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com> writes:

> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> Ian Docherty wrote:
>>> Have you looked at UltraEdit for Windows (unfortunately no version for
>>> Linux)
>>>
>>> http://www.ultraedit.com/
>>>
>>> I think it gives you everything you listed and more.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Ian Docherty
>>
>> Last time I tried it, I hated it. Felt like the interface was too
>> busy...and from Windows 3.11. Now that it's up to 12, maybe it's worth
>> another shot...
>
> Yup. Still hate it. :-)

Try jedit (dev version), http://www.jedit.org/

It has everything I need and everything you mentioned. So far I only miss
subversion plugin. It looks on my desktop like
http://kofeina.net/eloy/desktop/_thumbs/jedit.png.html

Disadvantage: it's written in java+swing. I don't mind.

  eloy
--

       jak to dobrze, że są oceany - bez nich byłoby jeszcze smutniej