[Catalyst] IDE/editor

JT Justman jt at signless.com
Tue Nov 14 20:34:54 GMT 2006

Ian Docherty wrote:
> Have you looked at UltraEdit for Windows (unfortunately no version for
> Linux)

I am a long time devotee of EditPad Pro, which DOES have a (non-free)
Linux version. I'm just about as handy with vim, since I spend a lot of
time working over ssh, but when it comes down to hardcore coding, I
prefer EditPad. It won me over with robust regex support and tabs before
either were common on Windows. Of course I haven't auditioned another
text editor in at least five years.

Of course, it's not POD-aware, which screws with the syntax coloring a
bit. And, as I said, it's not free.

JT