[Catalyst] Template::Latex - Almost there

Yves Räber yraber at mailup.net
Fri Nov 17 10:01:39 GMT 2006

Hello,

I spent quite a lot of time trying to find what was wrong when using
Template::Latex from within Catalyst. My code worked just fine as
standalone application, but not inside Catalyst.

Here is what I finally found : when Latex.pm launched the pdflatex call
with system($cmd), it get an error back, despite the fact that
everything worked and the pdf is created.
In fact, if I bypass this error checking, everything works. But I think
that's probably not the best way to do it.

Some informations:
* Command launched($cmd) :  /usr/bin/pdflatex
'\nonstopmode\input{tt2latex}' 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null 0</dev/null
* Return error ($?) :  No child processes

Any idea why this system call gets a "no child processes" error when
it's just working ?

I know this is not directly a Catalyst question, but the fact that this
problem only appears from within the framwork, I thought this mailing
list was quite adequate.

Thanks.

Yves.