[Catalyst] Catalyst::Action::REST

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Nov 20 14:17:46 GMT 2006

On 20 Nov 2006, at 13:47, Christopher H. Laco wrote:

> Adam Jacob wrote:
>> After much discussion, I've unleased Catalyst::Action::REST upon an
>> unsuspecting CPAN.  It's an attempt at making RESTful web
>> applications
>> in Catalyst easier (they were already pretty easy.) The basics:
>>
>> 1) Uses an Action class to extend Catalyst's dispatch mechanism to
>> allow
>> for different methods based on the HTTP Method.  For example:
>>
>> sub foo :Local :ActionClass('REST') {}
>>
>> sub foo_GET {}
>>
>> sub foo_POST {}
>>
>> sub foo_DELETE {}
>
> Eek. Is this related to this in any way?
> http://marcusramberg.livejournal.com/37104.html
>

> Hopefully this module will change when that becomes reality.

No, I don't believe it will - or at least I hope it won't.

The syntax marcus proposes is likely to be in core as a convenience
for lightweight HTTP method restricting as of 5.80.

Catalyst::Action::REST is designed to be a full REST handler, and as
such needs the slightly more wordy syntax in order to fulfill its
rather more extensive function.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for