[Catalyst] Catalyst::Action::REST

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Mon Nov 20 21:03:41 GMT 2006

Adam Jacob said:

> If you get to the point where you need to provide both a serialized
> interface (XML, YAML, JSON) look at using the
> Catalyst::Action::Serialized and ::Deserialized from the
> Catalyst::Action::REST distribution.  Extending it to "do the right
> thing" with a text/html request is definetly a possibility. (Where
> "right thing" is probably just hand things to the default view)

Yes. It all depends on what you want to do. I'd mostly prefer to have a
separate backend (REST) and frontend (Method). So the actual "stuff" is
restfully implemented and the method reactive stuff just "transforms" into
html, html form, json, xml, etc.

I'm still waiting for customers who want to pay to "do it right" :)

gr.,
Robert

--
# Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek
# Perl 5/Catalyst Developer in Hamburg, Germany