[Catalyst] Creating a query object?

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Mon Nov 20 22:46:07 GMT 2006

Hey guys,

I'm using HTML::Widget; I've created a widget and preloaded it
with values from a database record using ...->value(...).
I've also set up some constraints, so that the fields can be type
checked.

However, I can't get the constraint errors to work.  Well they
work if I submit a form, set up the widget and use

    $widget->process($c->req)

to load the values in.  However when I load the widget from the
record directly using ->value(...) and then $widget->process(),
none of the constraints are triggered.

I'm confused....

So, I'm trying to hack my way around it by creating a 'query' object
to use in place of $c->req the first time around.  How do I do that?

Or, how do I do it properly?

Help!

Joe
--