[Catalyst] RFC: file/path writing sub-class of Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 04:15:11 GMT 2006

[snipped prior correspondence]

I'm not sure, because systems architecture is really not my thing, but this
sounds like something you might describe as Catalyst::Plugin::Cache::Static
- which would render a template  into a variable and serve off an
appropriate path for the webserver to deal with.  Kind of like PageCache,
but designed to totally bypass catalyst for read-only docs.

For my thinking the logic might go soemthig like this:

low trafic dynamic web applicaiton at http://localhost:3000 (or anywhere
else you can deploy to) which creates pages (I guess you'd have to modify
the login and edit links if they existed for the staitc version with some
template conditionals) and saves them off to
/var/www/myapp/path_to/wherever/index.html every time there's an update.

Is this the kind of thing you had in mind?