[Catalyst] sorry correction on manuals and tutorials missing

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Nov 27 16:23:12 GMT 2006

Hermida, Leandro wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Sorry, I see that there is a separate distribution called
> Catalyst-Manual that has everything.  This will confuse new users though
> because when they have searched for Catalyst and get to the home page of
> the Catalyst-Runtime distribution and then click on any of the first
> links after the synopsis: Catalyst::Manual::Intro or
> Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial or Catalyst::Manual (which takes you to its
> POD and none of the links work there) you get URL NOT FOUND from CPAN.

The recommended route for new users is to install
Task::Catalyst::Tutorial.  That will install the manual, tutorial,
example app, and all dependencies (which is very convenient :).

Also, installing a newer version of Catalyst-Devel will install the
manual, since the manual is a prerequisite of ::Devel.  We haven't
released a new version of Devel since the Manual changes, though, since
there haven't been any major changes to C::Helper (and friends).

If you find broken links on search.cpan, please open a problem ticket in
RT and I'll take a look.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,