[Catalyst] Re: something wrong because manual and tutorials are missing

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Nov 28 17:28:19 GMT 2006

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:
> "A. Pagaltzis" <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote on 11/27/2006 11:19:10 PM:
>
>> * Hermida, Leandro <Leandro.Hermida at fmi.ch> [2006-11-27 11:35]:
>>> I remember someone mentioning earlier in the list that the
>>> manual and tutorials are missing and indeed I believe they are
>>> right. If you go to CPAN and lookup the Catalyst Runtime with
>>> the pass three latest versions (5.7006, 5.7005, 5.7004) the
>>> documentation is pretty much gone.
>> Errm, yeah, because they?re in the Catalyst-Manual distro now.
>>

> I know it may be ugly,  but how about "stubs" in runtime that just point to
> the new location with a note about the move?  This seems to be a stumbling
> block for new(er) users.

If we do that, the stubs will overwrite the originals when you upgrade
Runtime (but not Manual).  That would be a major headache for everyone.

I don't think this is confusing new users, BTW... it's confusing old
users :)  CPAN Search does seem to be confused in some cases, though.
If you find specific instances of those, open a problem ticket and I'll
try to resolve them.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,