[Catalyst] Re: How are you handling multiformat URL

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Nov 29 18:43:55 GMT 2006

Alan Humphrey wrote:
> Is this still true with IE7?  Yes, IE6 will be around for a while, but is
> there any hope on the horizon vis-à-vis IE?

IE7 still chokes.  According to the IE blog, MS "want[s] xhtml to
succeed" so they're not supporting it in IE.  What?

(Their reasoning is that they can't seem to write a working XML parser,
so they won't accept XML at all.  Fair, I suppose, but there are 1000s
of BSD-licensed XML parsers that they can steal in a day.  Just use one
to process XHTML down to HTML and then process that HTML with the
existing engine.  Still going to render poorly, but that's what everyone
expects from IE anyway.)

That attitude is why Microsoft is becoming less relevant every day.  In
another 30-50 years we might have some standards that are actually
implemented properly.

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,