[Catalyst] Last Chance / Last Day: Web development platform contestand Perl / Catalyst

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Nov 30 20:03:16 GMT 2006

Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> Jonathan Rockway wrote:
>> Seems like a waste anyway.  Is Perl really going to win a competition
>> sponsored by Zend?
>>
>> (playing into the hands of Zend's marketing department)++ # cough
>>
> There will be no overall winner, just one per platform.
> So the more teams your platform has the better you look.
>
> Having only one team for Perl is quite bad,
> especially since one of the organizers happens to be the iX magazine
> (http://www.heise.de/ix/),
> which has a big influence in the german speaking world. :/

Yeah, I know *I'm* going to abandon Perl as a result of the contest.  I
mean, Perl's not cool anymore right?  Speed and features are for Web 1.0
losers!

</sarcasm>

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,