[Catalyst] RESTful perl implementations...

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Mon Oct 2 14:55:13 CEST 2006

+----[ Garrett Goebel <ggoebel at goebel.ws> (29.Sep.2006 20:25):

| On Sep 29, 2006, at 5:02 PM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
|
| > * Garrett Goebel <ggoebel at goebel.ws> [2006-09-29 14:16]:
| >> I had thought about the HTTP/1.1 methods. However, I was only
| >> concerned with the request methods used for creating RESTful
| >> protocols.
| >
| > That is an oxymoron. Please don?t take this in offense, but you
| > don?t seem to have understood what REST is about. :-)
|
|  From what I've read, there seem to be few people who do. It isn't
| surprising to find myself among them.

[snipped]

+----]

Here are a couple of basic descriptions:
http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Representational_State_Transfer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REST
http://rest.blueoxen.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ShortSummaryOfRest

I, for one, also had a very vague idea of REST, that's now
more clear (I think).

Also from what I've read, it seems that REST is defined very
broadly, but in any case, the comparison of REST vs RPC (see
the corresponding section in the links above) is a good
choice, as it does a good job of illustrating what
REST is and what it isn't, by example.

Fernan