[Catalyst] Advice for Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIC needed

Bernhard Graf catalyst at augensalat.de
Wed Oct 4 20:04:19 CEST 2006

In a Cat application I use C:P::Authentication::Store::DBIC and it works
well.

But now I need to modify authentication a little bit:
A status field of the user object should also be checked, e.g. grant
access only if status is set to "active".

Documentation of the module mentions a configuration field named
"catalyst_user_class":

<cite>
If using a plain model class which has username and password fields is
not working for you, because you have more complex objects, or you need
to do something else odd to fetch those values or your role fields, you
can subclass Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIC::User, and
supply your class name here.
</cite>

Is that the way I have to go? If so an example would be helpful, because
documentation for C:P::Authentication::Store::DBIC::User is a little
sparse. ;-)
--
Bernhard Graf