[Catalyst] Basic Tutorial & Version Conversion

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Oct 11 17:27:35 CEST 2006

Looks like you have spaces before the POD directive (=head1 and =cut).
These need to be right at the beginning of the line:

Compare:

jrockway at WS-DALI ~
$ perl -e '=head1 FOO'

jrockway at WS-DALI ~
$ perl -e ' =head1 FOO'
syntax error at -e line 1, near "="

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

Kevin Wong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read through the tutorial and starting to create an test app,
> following instructions in the first lesson:
> Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::CatalystBasics. Everything went well untill
> the last step, launch the app. I got this error, and don't understand.
> So I hope someone would teach me on this:
>
> -----
> Couldn't instantiate component "MyApp::Model::MyAppDB", "Cannot load
> schema class 'MyAppDB': syntax error at
> /home/kevin/MyApp/script//../lib/MyAppDB.pm line 3, near "="
> Compilation failed in require at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Catalyst/Model/DBIC/Schema.pm line 272.
>  at script/myapp_server.pl line 53" at script/myapp_server.pl line 53
> Compilation failed in require at script/myapp_server.pl line 53.
> --------
>
> and this is my MyAppDB.pm
> ---
>     package MyAppDB;
>
>     =head1 NAME
>
>     MyAppDB - DBIC Schema Class
>
>     =cut
>
>     use base qw/DBIx::Class::Schema/;
>
> One more question that I would like to ask is: I have to take over a
> Catalyst project developed with Catalyst 5.33  using scaffolding
> technique. Is there anyway that I can use the old app on a new server
> with new version of Catalyst? Or anyway that I could convert the old
> app? I've checked the achive list, there are very helpful hints and
> guidelines, but could not find a confirmation and a specific guide on
> how to.
> Thank you for your help, and sorry if I ask the same old question.
>
> Kevin

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42974/*http://www.yahoo.com/preview>

package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,