[Catalyst] Best place to set environment variables

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Oct 11 18:01:20 CEST 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 01:10:57PM +0200, Marc Logghe wrote:
> Hi,
> What is The Best Way (TM) to configure environment variables in Catalyst

I have my app's setup() method read the yaml file.  That would be an
easy place to set environment vars that are stored in the yaml file.

But, I use a script to start my application when running under Apache.
That script reads my config.yml file and then sets environment
variables, creates httpd.conf, and starts the server.  My config.yml
has default settings, but also has a section which defines multiple
server configurations (dev, testing, staging, production) that can
override the default settings.  Changes from the defaults are passed
in environment variables from this script.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org